RST Tribal Enrollment
PO Box 335
Rosebud, SD 57570
Phone: (605) 747-2381
Fax: (605) 747-4020
If the father's name does not appear on the birth certificate and you would like
to count his blood, the applicant must also attach a signed notarized paternity affidavit or a court order of paternity. All paternity is for Enrollment Purpose only.
***The Enrollment Committee reviews completed applications at their regular scheduled monthly meeting. If your application is incomplete, a notice will be sent out to you. The notice will show you what documents are needed to complete the application. Pending letters will be issued for the completed application only. NO EXCEPTION!
1. Front & Back of Tribal Enrollment form must be complete (Family tree must be filled out completely;
this is determine the blood degree of the applicant)
2. Signature must be witnessed by a notary public
3. Attach the original or state certified birth certificate.
4. Social security card (Original or copy) This is for I.D. purposes.
5. Custody Documents must be attached, if you are not the parent.
6. Attach a degree of Indian blood for the parent(s). If one parents is enrolled with another tribe, parent will need
to contact their tribe to get their degree of Indian blood
(This is very important!) burden of proof is on the applicant.
7. For applicants who are adopted:
A. Original birth certificate-with biological parents names
B. Amended birth certificate-with adoptive parent's names
C. Adoption Decree
The enrollment office will not accept faxed copies of birth certificates.
It takes at least 3 to 6 Months to get approved for enrollment.
Copies of birth certificates and social security cards submitted become property of enrollment and will not be given out!